Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blog option 2

The Lottery
1. Happy (Pharrell)- I feel that this song is relevant to The Lottery because of all the people at the beginning who are just happy and are not upset at all at even though they know what is about to occur. It deserves to be on the list because it reminds us that at the beginning of the story they are happy people although at the end we would completely forget that they were at one point happy. This emotion only matches the beginning of the story, I do not think it would be used in a scene because it would probably take away from the intensity at the end.
2. If Tomorrow Never Comes (Garth Brooks)- I feel that this song is relevant to The Lottery because it represents the day before the lottery happens, it deserves to be on the list because it is a dread and thought of everyone in the town. I think that if it were played in an added scene that had a brief view of people going to sleep the night before the lottery it would be very powerful.
3. How To Save a Life (The Fray)- I feel that this song is relevant to The Lottery because it shows the struggle and debate of whether or not the lottery should be occurring. It deserves to be on the list to make you think of all the ways you could save a life rather than participate in the lottery. If I were to place it, it would be while Tessie is saying “it isn’t fair, it isn’t fair” because that would be the most obvious scene of who’s life is in jeapordy.
4. Underneath (Adam Lambert)- I feel that this song is relevant to The Lottery because it is an extremely sad song and this story is extremely sad. One lyric is “Welcome to my world of truth, I don't wanna hide any part of me from you” which I feel represents this story because they do not hide anything this is their world and they don’t hide it from anyone. If it were played anywhere I think played at the end would make it most sad because it would represent Tessie’s truth and the place she lived, which ultimately led to her death.

5. The World Keeps Turning (Trevor Hall)- I feel that this song is relevant to The Lottery because at the end after they have killed Tessie, the world just continues turning and nobody stops really to mourn, they all just walk away. It reminds me of the general thought that this act of stoning people is okay and after they just forget about it and move on, it would definitely make the end scene more sad when they all walk away after killing Tessie.


No comments:

Post a Comment