Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blog #2

Pharell- Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
I this that this would best fit in after Rosa tears Magda's shawl away from Stella. This paragraph describes happy thoughts and I think it would aid in keeping Rosa's thoughts happy. Although they are only happy for a short period of time it would prolong the feeling of freedom. Listening to this song and reading this paragraph I could imagine Rosa being free and running to the Arena. This is an upbeat song and it matches how the reader feels at the beginning of this paragraph.

Kelly Clarkson- Stronger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I#aid=P9uz5U6VSjQ
I feel that this song would be best fit at the end of the story. This song is upbeat and would help Rosa get over the loss of her child. She still has one child left and I think this would help to empower her and help her continue to fight for Stella. The camp they are in is a very undesireable place. I feel that this would lift her spirits and give her a new attitude to face the obstacles ahead. In due time things will get better.

Roar- Katy Perry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Z_Hw0WPso
I also feel that this song would be a good fit for the end of the story. The song would serve to lift the spirits of Rosa. This song would give her a new found confinence. Then she would possibly not feel scared or embarassed to ask the other ladies for help. She still has Stella, and she has to continue to be there for her. I feel like if the story were to continue Rosa would possibly give up and give in to her greif. This song will help her bounce back.

Its So Hard To Say Goodbye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0
I feel like this song would be best fit when Magda is first taken. It would make the this section more intense and emotion filled. When Rosa notices that the shoulders carrying Magda are not coming toward her, I feel this would add to the moment. It would probably elict more of a response out of Rosa . I could not imagine how it feels to watch someone take your and you not be able to do anything about it. This song would also help her to reminience on all of the memories that they shared together.

Stand-  Donnie McClurkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuMLBhrKHsA
I think this song would be best fit after the third paragraph. This song is very inspirational. The lyrics of this song says," What do you do when you've done all you can. And it seems like it's never enough?And what do you say when your friends turn away. And you all alone,alone? Tell me,What do you give when you've given your all. And it seems you can't make it through?" I feel that this story would have really helped Rosa. Although she was doing the best that she could it was still not enough. The song would have spoke to her and let her know that she must continue to fight and trust in the Lord because as quoted in the lyrics ,"God has a purpose,Yes god has a plan". I feel that Rosa had just given up and this song would have given her the strength to keep trying for her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment