Sunday, February 16, 2014

Option #4

I really enjoyed the "Eleven" reading. The age metaphor used in the story in very relatable. I can remember when I was in middle school and I used to always sit in the front row of class. Well I wasn't feeling good this particular day, all I wanted to do was to lay my head down. We were in class we were watching a movie in class. I started to doze off. I kept feeling my self falling asleep so I was trying to keep myself awake. The teacher dozed and she reminded me in front of the class to stay awake.When my friends saw me dozing again they would try to tap me to keep me awake. I tried everything that I could, but it just wasn't working. I finally just fell and sleep and was awakened by the feeling that I was falling. Well if that wasn't enough that was a long string of droll. I tried to play it off as if nothing happened. I wiped the line and sat up to finish watching the movie. After the movie was over we began to move into groups. My teacher walked by the desk and made you comment, "you might want to go to the bathroom." Me being me I caught and attitude because I thought she was hinting that I was still sleep. When actually, there was a dried up line on my face from the droll. I wanted to be invisible. I had actually embarrassed myself. If I  hadn't made such a big deal about what she said no one would have ever known about it. I could definitely identify with Rachel, I just went to the restroom and hide and cried as if I were five. My friends came in very soon after I left to  comfort me. This is probably one of the main reasons why I don't like sitting in the front of the class anymore. I guess that is the part of me that still twelve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment